The Boone County Public Library‘s summer reading program is now entirely digital.
The library announced its reading program for all ages (preschool, youth, and adult) will go live online on June 1.
Complete details and prize lists will also be available in the digital reading program.
The library will not be distributing paper reading logs this year, but the preschool and youth reading logs will be available at bcpl.org to download and print for personal use. Prizes can be picked up at any BCPL location beginning August 1 or earlier, depending on when they are able to reopen their buildings.
Boone County Summer Reading is a collaboration between Boone County Public Library, Boone County Schools, and Boone County Parks Department. A news release said they have found that by combining our resources and creating a shared vision, they can better serve the literacy needs of our community and more effectively implement the Summer Reading program.
How it works this year:
Preschool Program (birth to four years)
- Complete 10 activities in order to earn a book.
- Complete 20 activities in order to earn a maraca.
- Earn up to four tickets to enter the drawings of your choice such as a Build-A-Bear gift card, a family hayride and more!
Youth program (Kindergarten to 12th Grade)
- Read 300 minutes to earn your first digital badge and a book of your choice.
- Read 600 minutes to earn your second digital badge, coupons from local businesses and 10 Library Bucks*.
- Complete the Boone County Activities Badge in order to earn an extra Grand Prize Experience drawing ticket.
- For each badge you complete you will earn a ticket for an opportunity to win a Grand Prize Experience like a ride on a firetruck, Kings Island tickets, free pizza for a year, and more!
Everything you read, listen to, or watch earns one Library Buck, one entry into weekly drawings for $25 Kroger gift cards, and an opportunity to win a Grand Prize Experience like a Cincinnati Zoo membership, Kings Island tickets, and more.